Microblading Pre + Post Care
What should I do before my Microblading procedure?
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine 24 hours prior to your appointment
- Do not take Advil or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin-E 72 hours prior to your appointment (if you are taking prescription blood thinners or are on an aspirin regimen DO NOT stop taking without consulting your physician)
- No waxing, tanning, tinting or tweezing 3 days before your appointment
- No electrolysis treatments 5 days before
- No Botox, collagen or fat injections 2 weeks before/after your appointment
- No AHA preparations 2 weeks before your appointment
- No chemical or laser treatments 6 weeks before your appointment
- Do not use Retin-A or products containing retinols 2 weeks before
- Wear your normal make-up the day of so we can get a sense of what your daily make-up routine is.
What is the recovery process?
Your brows will appear darker and defined in the first days after your procedure. As scabs form they will continue to darken before gradually lightening during the healing process. Your brows will lighten approx 40-50% as the scabs begin to fall off. Do not rub or pick the area as it will pull any pigment out of your skin prematurely. Avoid heavily wetting your eyebrows for 14 days during the healing process. Avoid extreme heat, jacuzzis, saunas, steam rooms, sun beds, and excessive sweating for 14 days. The complete healing process takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
Detailed after care instructions and healing balm will be issued to you after your appointment~
Your microbladed brows will generally last between 12-18 months, however like with many procedures, there are a few factors that will prolong or shorten the expected durability.
How you take care of the procedure area over the next 7-14 days will ultimately determine the final appearance and longevity of your Microblading or Micro pigmentation. The “healing period” referred to below is 7-14 days, but please note it will take 30 days for the procedure area to fully heal. Please follow these instructions carefully for the best results:
- No makeup should be applied to the brows during the healing process
- Avoid heavily wetting brows during the healing process
- Avoid Sauna/steam room/sun bed during healing process
- Avoid showering for the first 12-24 hours. After this time has passed, when showering or bathing during the healing period apply a thick layer of aftercare balm to create a barrier and avoid putting the procedure area directly in the water stream during the healing period.
- Do not touch, rub, scratch or pick your brows following treatment or during healing process. Doing so can result in loss of pigment or scarring.
- You may find that your brows will scab or become slightly dry following the treatment. If they itch, DO NOT SCRATCH them please, simply tap area to release itch.
- If your brows get wet during the healing process, pat dry with towel, do not rub.
- Apply a thin layer of healing balm 2-3 times a day. If you have excessively oily skin, you may not need to use balm as frequently (therapist will advise)
- 1 X per day (evening) use a q-tip, and a small amount of soapy water to remove previous layers of balm and gently cleanse brows. Hydration is KEY. Pat dry
- Avoid excessive sweating for the first 7 days after procedure
- Avoid excess sun exposure as this can cause the pigment to fade and effect the healing process. After the healing process, applying sun block is recommended to protect your cosmetic tattoo from fading or discolouring. (SPF 50 is recommended). A hat and sunglasses should always be worn during sun exposure for longevity purposes and to protect against general sun damage
- Avoid using daily skin care products directly on the eyebrows
- Botox should be avoided 2 weeks prior and post treatment
- If you are having a MRI scan, please inform doctor that you have had microblading done.
- After the procedure area heals, a touch-up appointment will be needed; the process is not considered complete without it! Your touch-up appointment should be booked 4-6 weeks after your initial appointment.
- Similar to traditional tattoos, it is normal to experience some loss of pigment during the healing period.
- The pigment is expected to be darker for the first 3-5 days after your appointment. Don’t panic! They will lighten and change every day during the healing period. After the initial healing period and once any flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes which will make it seem as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, 40-60% of the pigment will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- If you have any questions or concerns following your appointment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call during studio hours.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - 10am to 6pm
Tuesday - 10am to 6pm
Wednesday - 10am to 8pm
Thursday - 10am to 8pm
Friday - 10am to 6pm
Saturday - 10am to 4pm
Sunday - Closed