Dermaplaning is an effective and safe exfoliation procedure. It uses a sterile surgical scalpel, moving along the surface of the skin which removes 2-3 layers of dead skin and vellus (peach fuzz) hairs. The skin instantly has a healthy glow with a soft, smooth texture! The procedure reduces the appearance of acne scarring, fine lines, wrinkles, and assists in deeper product penetration.
Dermaplaning Treatment: $120 (60 mins)
* During this procedure, skin will be prepared to ensure the most effective outcome. After dermaplaning is completed, your skin will be treated to an active masque or enzyme treatment. Includes Complimentary Yana Collagen shot + Image Post Treatment Care Kit.
Dermaplaning Add-On*: $50
* Enhance your facial or chemical peel with dermaplaning!
What are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
- Provides deeper product penetration
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils
- Promotes smoother skin
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and “peachfuzz”Reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Diminishes the look of fine lines
- Works on all skin types
- Instant results and no downtime
How often is Dermaplaning performed?
Dermaplaning is performed approximately every four weeks. It is good to have the skin complete its normal rejuvenation cycle, which is thirty days, before having the treatment done again. The procedure generally will remove between two to three weeks of dead skin from the facial area.
Can Dermaplaning be combined with other facial procedures?
Yes! Combining dermaplaning with chemical peels and other facial procedure can enhance these treatments giving you a better result.
What can I expect after the procedure?
After dermaplaning, the skin may feel slightly sensitive for the first 24-48 hours. Because the new skin will be more sensitive, it is very important to minimize sun exposure and use an SPF. There is no need to worry about the hair on your face getting any darker. Since dermaplaning only targets the vellus hair (peach fuzz) the hair will grow back the same size and color.
Who cannot be treated with Dermaplaning?
The following conditions are recognized as contraindications for dermaplaning treatment and must be disclosed for client safety prior to treatment:
- Active acne
- Active infection of any type, such as herpes simplex or flat warts
- Any raised lesions
- A recent chemical peel/laser procedure
- Chemotherapy or radiation
- Eczema or dermatitis
- Family history of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation
- Hormonal therapy resulting in hyperpigmentation
- Oral blood thinner medications
- Recent use of topical agents such as glycolic acids
- Use of Retin A/Retinol 72 hrs prior to treatment
- Skin Cancer
- Telangiectasia/erythema may be worsened or brought out by exfoliation
- Excessive thick, dark facial hair
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Use of Accutane within the last year
- Vascular lesions
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 10am to 6pm
Wednesday - 10am to 6pm
Thursday - 10am to 6pm
Friday - 10am to 6pm
Saturday - 10am to 4pm
Sunday - Closed